[clamav-users] No good deed goes unpunished, or, why CVD files don't work

Paul Kosinski clamav-users at iment.com
Thu Dec 20 09:55:41 EST 2018

Only DNS TXT queries are done 3-5 times per hour. Freshclam itself is
only run whenever that reports that there is something new available,
as determined by the DNS TXT result showing a higher version number
than the *local* CLD file shows. In practice, this means that freshclam
is only run a few times per day. (Recently, updates only seem to occur
at about 03:xx, 11:xx and 19:xx GMT, i.e., three times per day.)