[clamav-users] Freshclam update HTTP Error 403 Forbidden

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Fri Dec 21 14:00:00 EST 2018

Ignore my previous negativity.  I spoke with the right folks and it is taken care of.  It seems to be resolved in my own tests.

Cheers,
Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

On Dec 21, 2018, at 1:46 PM, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) <micasnyd at cisco.com<mailto:micasnyd at cisco.com>> wrote:

Al's right, I think.  We could set field 5 (or 4, 0-indexed) to '0' and that should actually disable the warning, as per these lines of code:
https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/blob/dev/0.101/freshclam/manager.c#L2588

I haven't had occasion to do it before, and it slipped by me when Al suggested it the first time.  Sorry!  Our operations group manages production server settings like this one so I would have to work with them to find the script and script options to set it. Regardless, it's a too late now.  Most of our organization has off next week and the majority of people are already on vacation (myself-included, I just can't help checking my email).

Happy Holidays everyone!
-Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development