[clamav-users] Using a file to list exclusions for on-demand search?

Paul B. pbpublic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 18:37:31 UTC 2018

Hi,
I just installed ClamAv on a desktop Linux machine. I would like to
set it up using aliases in the bashrc file, so I can do various kinds
of file and directory scans from the command line. Rather than an
unwieldy string of exclusions in the alias' command line, I would like
to have a file that lists exclusions, which Clam would reference. I've
seen mention of this ability, but not enough info to get me started. I
do not have the daemon installed, just ClamAv, and FreshClam for
updates.

Thanks for any insight.
paul