[clamav-users] Using a file to list exclusions for on-demand search?

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Thu Jan 4 19:08:26 UTC 2018

I’d like to amend my statement and say that you can exclude things, in a way, by using the --max-filesize option and similar options but it’s probably not what you’re looking for.

Clamd isn’t too tough to start up, and then you can run scans with clamdscan.  The only downside is it will use a couple hundred megabytes of ram while clamd is going in the background.  You could always run clamd when you’re ready to scan, and then kill it when you’re done with a scan so it’s not running all the time.

Micah Snyder
Software Engineer
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.