[clamav-users] Question about Clamav compressed file support

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Thu Jan 11 17:14:32 UTC 2018

Hi Rob,

At this time, ClamAV does not have the means to decompress and parse the proprietary Acronis .tib format.  I only took a brief peek at Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acronis_True_Image#File_format) to learn more about Acronis image files.

Unless someone in the community writes a parser to add support to identify these file types, parse, decompress, etc and submits a pull request to add the feature to the Git repository, I doubt you’ll ever see support in ClamAV for this file type.

Regards,

Micah

Micah Snyder
Software Engineer