[clamav-users] No file descriptor received error

Nigel Jones Nigel.Jones at ast-uk.com
Fri Jan 12 14:59:23 UTC 2018

Hi everyone....

I am looking for some guidance on a problem I have with clamav scanning web traffic.

I am using a custom OS (buildroot) and have Squid (Version 3.5.24), CLAMAV (0.99.2) and C-ICAP Server (0.4.2) installed and I thought working well as I can browse the internet via Squid and get no errors ( I was previously on all traffic but seemed to have fixed those now). However, when I try and download the EICAR test file, or any file for that matter, I get an error in C-ICAP server.log file: `clamd_scan response: 'No file descriptor received. ERROR'`.

Anyone got any pointers of where to look? I have tried increasing debugging to 10, but no further information is shown about what could be causing the issue.

Thanks,
Nigel.

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed. Any view or opinion expressed belongs solely to the author and does not necessarily represent those of Applied Satellite Technology Ltd, its subsidiaries or any affiliated group company (AST).

If you are not the intended recipient please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance of its content; to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us if you have received this message in error before deleting it. All liability is excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims arising as a result of the use of this medium to transmit information by or to AST. Thank you for your co-operation.

Applied Satellite Technology Ltd | Company Number: 2153172 England | Registered Office: Satellite House, Bessemer Way, Harfreys Industrial Estate, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk NR31 0LX (UK)