[clamav-users] URGENT: Clamd is wedged on multiple installations

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jan 26 12:29:38 UTC 2018

Am 26.01.2018 um 13:17 schrieb maxal:
> nobody of clamav/cisco reading this list? as the impact is heavy and
> probably worldwide - anyone with personal contacts or any other channel
> to reach someone there? contact info on clamav.net is only referring to
> mailing lists and not very useful

the better question is has the whole fucking IT branche lost it's brain
because nobody seems to have tests for anything, spit out random junk
and watch for the fallout, be it Cisco or Intel with microcode updates
where you than get such things:

DISCLAIMER: This update supersedes microcode provided  by Red Hat with
the CVE-2017-5715 (?Spectre?)
DISCLAIMER: CPU branch injection vulnerability mitigation.
(Historically, Red Hat has provided updated
DISCLAIMER: microcode, developed by our microprocessor partners, as a
customer convenience.) Further
DISCLAIMER: testing has uncovered problems with the microcode provided
along with the ?Spectre? mitigation
DISCLAIMER: that could lead to system instabilities. As a result, Red
Hat is providing an microcode update
DISCLAIMER: that reverts to the last known good microcode version dated
before 03 January 2018.
DISCLAIMER: Red Hat strongly recommends that customers contact their
hardware provider for the latest microcode updates.
DISCLAIMER:
DISCLAIMER: IMPORTANT: Customers using Intel Skylake-, Broadwell-, and
Haswell-based platforms must obtain and
DISCLAIMER: install updated microcode from their hardware vendor
immediately. The "Spectre" mitigation requires
DISCLAIMER: both an updated kernel from Red Hat and updated microcode
from your hardware vendor.