[clamav-users] How the bad signature happened - conjecture (was Re: URGENT: Clamd is wedged on multiple installations)

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jan 26 14:24:49 UTC 2018

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 13:50:27 +0100
Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de> wrote:

> If I had to guess: they used the beta for testing, but the release
> versions (both 0.99.2 and 0.99.3!) fail to operate properly...

No, I bet that's not what happened.  A file descriptor leak doesn't show
up right away.  They probably tested the signatures on a lightly-loaded
server and didn't notice any problems.

ClamAV QA team: In future, please run new signatures against a clamd
process a few thousand times to check for possible resource leakage.

Regards,

Dianne.