[clamav-users] ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.99.3 has been released!

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Fri Jan 26 14:54:57 UTC 2018

On Jan 26, 2018, at 9:49 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net<mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net>> wrote:

Am 26.01.2018 um 15:40 schrieb Joel Esler (jesler):
As previously mentioned, if you downloaded the beta version of ClamAV 0.99.3, you will need to completely uninstall it and do a fresh install with the production version of 0.99.3 as there are significant code differences

when i read something like this in 2018 my brain ends with a bluescreen

This is something we debated for a couple weeks here internally and we found this to be the best solution.  We were stuck between a rock in and a hard place.  Trust me, this is not the user experience I want for our users either.

--
Joel Esler
Manager