[clamav-users] 99.3 for Ubuntu

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jan 26 15:25:49 UTC 2018

Am 26.01.2018 um 16:15 schrieb Chris:
> On Fri, 2018-01-26 at 15:37 +0100, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
>> Ubuntu doesn't have 0.99.3 release yet.
>> You need to go to http://www.clamav.net/downloads
>
> That will get me the newest source however I need this as I don't
> really want to install from source:
>
> clamav_0.99.3~beta1+dfsg-2ubuntu1.dsc
>
> Not the beta of course but the clamav_0.99.3+dfsg-2ubuntu1.dsc or
> something to that effect (I just pasted the '...99.2..dsc file name
> here for reference). I guess then I'll have to wait to see when I can
> download the Ubuntu source (clamav_0.99.3+dfsg-2ubuntu1.debian.tar.xz
> and the .dsc file

if you use distribution packages you are supposed to wait for a update
from the distribution or learn to proper package at your own

i heard that's not that easy as on Redhat systems because you don't have
everything in a .src.rpm and just need to replace the tarball after
unpack the src.rpm and edit the version in the spec file but again:

it's up to your distribution - whatever "pull-lp-source" does the Ubuntu
package is pretty sure full of patches and so on

so again: build your own package diretcly from the tarball or wait as
others do for upgrades over the regular channels of your OS, otherwise
you will end here again sooner or later asking how to fix the fallout
you produce with doing something you are not firm with