[clamav-users] URGENT: Clamd is wedged on multiple installations

Kees Theunissen C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
Fri Jan 26 19:07:54 UTC 2018

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 26.01.18 13:09, Kees Theunissen wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Jan 2018, Al Varnell wrote:
>>
>>> If you can't revert to daily 24255 then disable daily.cld until you know it's
>>> fixed.
>>>
>>> Has anybody updated to daily 24257 to see if that helps? I doubt that it does
>>> as no sigs are shown as dropped.
>>
>> I'm running ClamAv 0.99.2 on two mail servers (debian 9, with
>> sendmail / MimeDefang / SpamAssassing /ClamAv) and a
>> workstation (slackware 14.2) without any problem.
>>
>> I'm currently running daily 24257. But 24256 ran without
>> problems too.
>
> I've had to start clamd on 3 of servers I looked at, some other were OK.

I didn't see any problems on my two (very lightly-loaded, about
2.5 messages per minute on average) servers.

But I could reproduce the stale fd's in /prod/<PID_of_clamd>/fd
on my workstation by increasing the load on clamd. Just scanning
inbound mail on the workstaion didn't trigger the error.
But scanning a few hundred (clean, text-only) email messages from
this mailing lingst did.
   cat ~/mail/clamav | formail -s clamdscan -

I didn't try to trigger the error on the two production servers.

Regards,

Kees Theunissen.

--
Kees Theunissen,  System and network manager,   Tel: +31 (0)40-3334724
Dutch Institute For Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER)
email address:    C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
postal address:   PO Box 6336, 5600 HH, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
visitors address: De Zaale 20, 5612 AJ, Eindhoven, the Netherlands