[clamav-users] ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.99.3 has been released!

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Fri Jan 26 21:55:49 UTC 2018

There are outside issues that prevented us from announcing the CVEs at that time.  It's not because we were trying to hide something.

--
Joel Esler | Talos: Manager | jesler at cisco.com<mailto:jesler at cisco.com>

On Jan 26, 2018, at 2:39 PM, Andreas Schulze <andreas.schulze at datev.de<mailto:andreas.schulze at datev.de>> wrote:

Am 26.01.2018 um 16:06 schrieb Tobi:
As far as I understand the release notes of 99.3 its a security fix which has nothing to do with former 99.3 beta.
The former beta now is 0.100 (http://blog.clamav.net/2018/01/clamav-version-number-adjustment.html).
So at least for me it makes sense that you have to remove the beta first to apply fixed 99.3 version
I compared 0.99.2 and 0.99.3 and found most of the diffs be present in 0.99.3beta2

now, as the links to bugzilla.clamav.net<http://bugzilla.clamav.net> are public, we see, the issues where known to the developers since October/November 2017!
They published these changes silent as part of "beta2". They discusses about CVE at this time!
This is *not* amazing.

Andreas