[clamav-users] 99.3 for Ubuntu

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Sat Jan 27 23:54:51 UTC 2018

Am Samstag, den 27.01.2018, 17:22 -0600 schrieb Chris:
> Thanks so much for this Marcus, seems a lot easier than going through
> using pbuilder.

Never used pbuilder. For sure there are easier ways to build packages.
It's just how I build backports or patch packages sometimes.

>  One question. I'm at step 7, what should go after
> --local? Not sure what you mean by ~yoursuffix.

It's your personal choice, e.g. dch --local ~chris+

The package name would be

  clamav_0.99.3-0ubuntu1~chris+1_amd64.deb

then. The tilde ~ makes the package inferior in version, which should
allow a proper package upgrade when you upgrade to the next debian
release (e.g. your package will be replaced with the official debian
package).

Ciao!
Marcus