[clamav-users] ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.99.3 has been released!

Dennis Peterson dennispe at inetnw.com
Sun Jan 28 02:35:59 UTC 2018

On 1/26/18 2:39 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Couldn't (old) 0.99.3 beta users just have ignored (new) 0.99.3? As far as I can tell, the beta had all the fixes.
>
> Assuming that is correct, I think better advice for beta users would be to do nothing now and update to 0.100 beta when it is available.
>
> Scott K

Many businesses correctly disallow production use of beta software. Because it
is policy and not necessarily logical even beta software that is byte-identical
with the golden release is discouraged and the reason is a version query could
report beta and set off a flag. That is not a fun thing to experience in large
data centers.

dp