[clamav-users] clamav-0.99.3 on fedora 27

Frank Elsner frank at moltke28.B.Shuttle.DE
Mon Jan 29 14:44:51 UTC 2018

Hello,

I try to compile clamav on my fulle updates fedora 27 system but it fails with

..
checking for xmlTextReaderRead in -lxml2... yes
configure: Compiling and linking with libxml2 from /usr
checking for OpenSSL installation... configure: error: OpenSSL not found.

I don't understand this as  OpenSSL package is installed:
# rpm -qa | grep ^openssl
openssl-libs-1.1.0g-1.fc27.i686
openssl-1.1.0g-1.fc27.i686
openssl-devel-1.1.0g-1.fc27.i686

How to solve this problem?

PS: Due to reasons I must compile myself and can not use the Fedora RPM.

Cheers,
        Frank