[clamav-users] clamav-0.99.3 on fedora 27

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jan 29 15:41:30 UTC 2018

Am 29.01.2018 um 16:28 schrieb Micah Snyder (micasnyd):
> Ah crap... you’re right, Reindl.  I somehow skipped past the version number.  openssl 1.1 isn’t supported in 0.99.2 and 0.99.3.
>
> It should work in the latest dev branch and previous beta (unstable), although the code base uses deprecated functions and won’t build if you’re using stricter configurations that don’t support deprecated functions.  For openssl 1.1 support, you’ll have to hang on a tad longer.

or just use the official Fedora builds
ldd /usr/sbin/clamd | grep ssl
libssl.so.1.1 => /lib64/libssl.so.1.1 (0x00007fa76d6ad000)

and hence i don't get why anybody starts to build from source when he
even don't know about compat-openssl10-devel for not state-of-the-art
sources

you can have openssl-devel or compat-openssl10-devel installed at the
same time

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/OpenSSL110
https://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?316527-Cannot-install-both-compat-openssl10-devel-and-openssl-devel-at-the-same-time