[clamav-users] update report

Gary R. Schmidt grschmidt at acm.org
Sun Jul 1 10:42:58 EDT 2018

On 02/07/2018 00:35, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 01.07.2018 um 16:33 schrieb Gary R. Schmidt:
>> On 01/07/2018 22:37, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> [SNIP]
>>
>>> do you see any ipv6 address here? the stack is disabled and even in that
>>> cases freshclam comes with ipv6 error messages
>>>
>> Do you know the difference between running an IPv6 stack and doing a
>> name lookup for an AAAA record?
> surely - but where is the point to do so on a ipv4-only setup?
>
> hint: i am for sure the wrong person for such silly questions given what
> i maintain and develop over the last 15 years

Ah, you're new.

15 years isn't that long, there's stuff I wrote more than twice that
long ago still in use.

And yes, doing a lookup for an AAAA record is silly in an IPv4-only
environment, but if the code is compiled to be IPv6 capable then that is
what it probably should do.

     Cheers,

         Gary    B-)

P.S. Irrelevant claims of infinite experience don't impress anyone.