[clamav-users] We STILL cannot reliably get virus updates (since new mirrors)

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Mon Jul 2 07:22:04 EDT 2018

On Mon, 02 Jul 2018 04:02:58 -0700
Al Varnell wrote:

> Does the evidence available infivsyr that it's the mirrors that are
> out-of-date or is it DNS? Everything I've seen shows that they are
> not in sync, but I'm not sure which get's updated first.

It should not matter if the mirrors are ahead of DNS, they will simply
provide the latest version for download.

The problem is when a given set of mirrors are not available for a
particular requester, eventually you completely run out of mirrors and
no updates happen at all. There should be fall backs to prevent this...

--

Brian