[clamav-users] We STILL cannot reliably get virus updates (since new mirrors)

Dennis Peterson dennispe at inetnw.com
Mon Jul 2 21:28:28 EDT 2018

On 7/2/18 3:39 PM, Joel Esler (jesler) wrote:
> I’m not at a large keyboard right now.   But with Cloudflare currently acting as our mirror network, none of the current assumptions about how the mirror network works is accurate.
>
> We have not changed the donated mirror network, as our discussions with cloudflare are on going.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

I've been out of town so just had a look at the current structure and see what
you mean. Since June 25 my systems are using only cloudflare mirrors. There is
now 5 physical mirrors total in a DNS round robin on different subnets but in
the same data center. If they're using a clustered/NFS/shared/cached file system
if any client is out of sync every client will be out of sync at the same time
even if they use an atomic file transfer (somewhat like what rsync does). If
they're not using any kind of shared file system and also not using some kind of
atomic file transfer then there will still be issues.

So far, though, it has been working perfectly here. With only 5 servers though I
don't think that will last if they start showing up in mirrors.dat.

dp