[clamav-users] We STILL cannot reliably get virus updates (since new mirrors)

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Jul 3 03:14:31 EDT 2018

On 02.07.18 13:27, Reindl Harald wrote:
>it's not rocket science to have a metafile on the mirror which inicates
>the latest available version,

because it's much easier, faster and effective </irony> to connect to mirror
to check a metafile instead of checking single small DNS record.

> linux distributions doing that for decades
>and they have way larger metadata

that's exactly because they have way larger metadata. If their metadata was
as big as Clamav's, they'd use DNS too.

Enter any 12-digit prime number to continue.