[clamav-users] We STILL cannot reliably get virus updates (since new mirrors)

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Tue Jul 3 14:01:41 EDT 2018

On Jul 3, 2018, at 1:36 PM, Christopher X. Candreva <chris at westnet.com<mailto:chris at westnet.com>> wrote:

I have to admit I've wondered if Cloudflare and the other CDN's meant it
outlived it's usefullness, but it's a contribution I'm fairly proud of.

That's what we are evaluating.  It's a great system.  The problem is maintenance.  We spend a tremendous amount of time maintaining and grooming the mirror network (removing dead ones, removing ones that don't work, etc.).

It's more than one full time employee (FTE), let's put it that way.

--
Joel Esler
Sr. Manager