[clamav-users] We STILL cannot reliably get virus updates (since new mirrors)

G.W. Haywood clamav at jubileegroup.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 13:08:29 EDT 2018

Hi Joel,

FWIW I believe we've had no problems at all with mirrors since March
2018, when I responded to a post on 23rd March by Orion Poplawski, who
saw a few timeouts.  We also saw a very few timeouts in mid-late March.

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018, Joel Esler wrote:

> ... It's the people that are downloading the *same* diff 1000x an
> hour that are the problem.

That sounds like probable cause.  I'd drop 'em in the TARPIT.

Could freshclam not be made to respect e.g. "304 NOT MODIFIED"?
(That doesn't mean I wouldn't still drop abusers in the pit.:)

--

73,
Ged.