[clamav-users] Bytecode 86 failed to run

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Mon Jul 9 10:22:01 EDT 2018

It's a pretty common error if you lower the --bytecode-timeout value.  By contrast, you can also raise --bytecode-timeout higher than the default until the errors go away if you want to scan those files, and don't wish to delete the one triggering the timeout.

It isn't entirely surprising that a more complex file for which we have a bytecode signature could also cause the default timeout to be exceeded.

Cheers,
Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development