[clamav-users] clamav-milter with sendmail on Fedora 28: init failed to open, to error state, initialization failed, temp failing commands

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Fri Jul 13 09:06:06 EDT 2018

It looks to me like you have 2 types of sockets set up in your milter config, and only 1 type of socket set up in your clamd config:

ClamdSocket tcp:localhost:3310
ClamdSocket unix:/var/run/clamd.scan/clamd.sock

Lines in /etc/clamd.d/scan.conf

TCPSocket 3310
TCPAddr 127.0.0.1

You should use only 1 ( TCP _or_ Unix/Local ) socket for clamd.  We recommend using Unix/Local sockets.

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.