[clamav-users] ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.100.0 has been released!

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Thu Jul 19 14:06:36 EDT 2018

I'm not sure that I can provide a more satisfactory answer.  The built-in interpreter executes bytecode operations more slowly but doesn't have a compilation step.  LLVM compiles the bytecodes signatures down to machine language and executes it quickly, but that compile step makes the speed boost a bit of wash because the bytecode signatures are for the most part not very large functions.

At this time, I'm not able to recommend one over the other, with the exception that using LLVM adds an extra dependency.

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.