[clamav-users] Logclean config option - not working?

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Fri Jul 20 09:10:29 EDT 2018

Hm very odd.  Good to hear it's back to normal!

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

On Jul 20, 2018, at 6:20 AM, John Horne <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk<mailto:john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk>> wrote:

On Thu, 2018-07-19 at 19:41 +0000, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) wrote:
Sorry about a lack of response over here.  the LogClean option definitely
logs files as "OK" in the log file (e.g. /tmp/clamd.log) for me.  Perhaps you
have multiple copies of clamd.conf, or.... Yeah I dunno.

Thanks for the reply.

I found yesterday that if I removed the syslog setting, so the clamd.conf file
was back to just having 'LogCLean' added to it, then clamd still logged clean
files (which it should do of course). I tested this by scanning via an app and
from the command-line, and it all worked okay. So I'm not sure what happened.
It almost seemed as if clamd didn't re-read the config file initially, but once
I had added (and later removed) the syslog setting, then it did re-read it. Not
really likely, but that was what it seemed like. (And yes, I did restart the
clamd process each time.)

Anyway, I retested the 'LogClean' this morning on two servers and using two
different apps, and it is all working fine. Clean files were logged as OK.

John.