[clamav-users] contrib code

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Fri Jul 20 18:29:29 EDT 2018

Hello ClamAV users and developers,

I want to know if there are users out there who actively use, or rely on, the code/features in the "contrib" directory in the ClamAV source repository.
More bluntly, I am thinking seriously about deleting this entire directory: https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/tree/dev/0.101/contrib

At a glance, it appears to me that no one has contributed to it in a meaningful way in at least 6 years:
https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/commits/dev/0.101/contrib

If you desire us to hold on to any of the code in the directory, can you please tell me what code is valuable to you, if why you need us to keep it in the repository.
Feel free to email me directly if you want to reply privately.

Thanks much!
Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development