[clamav-users] Create custom cvd file

Arul Raj i.arulraj.i at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 01:04:29 EDT 2018

yes, currently we put those external database files directly into the
database directory itself and its working too, that's not a problem. I want
to know is there any option to generate .cvd files, because cvd files are
compressed and space optimized.

-
Arulraj

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 7:42 PM, Alain Zidouemba <azidouemba at sourcefire.com>
wrote:

> No need to create a CVD. Just put the files you want to use (.hdb, .mdb,
> .ldb, etc...) in a directory and point clamscan or clamd to that directory.
> You can also put your custom signature files in the same directory has
> main.cvd and daily.cvd and ClamAV will pick those up.
>
> - Alain
>
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 10:00 AM, Arul Raj <i.arulraj.i at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Team,
>>
>>    How can I create a new .cvd / .cld file with some external signature
>> database(clamav supported files like .hdb, .mdb).
>>
>> -
>> Arulraj I

Arulraj I