[clamav-users] Partial downloads of updates

G.W. Haywood clamav at jubileegroup.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 12:39:50 EDT 2018

Hi there,

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018, David Rosenstrauch wrote:

> I've been having some issues over the last few weeks with freshclam
> failing to download updates.

FWIW here in the UK I see no problems with IPv6 downloads.

This is the log for July 2018:

mail6:~$ >>> grep interrupted /var/log/freshclam.log
mail6:~$ >>> grep download /var/log/freshclam.log | \
 	     sed -e 's/.*IP: \(.*\))/\1/' | sort | uniq -c
       7 104.16.185.138
       9 104.16.186.138
       9 104.16.187.138
       9 104.16.188.138
       9 104.16.189.138
       9 2400:cb00:2048:1::6810:b98a
       9 2400:cb00:2048:1::6810:ba8a
       9 2400:cb00:2048:1::6810:bb8a
       9 2400:cb00:2048:1::6810:bc8a
       9 2400:cb00:2048:1::6810:bd8a

As you can see there's a roughly even split between IPv4 and IPv6
downloads on this server.

Seems like you might have a comms problem.  I'd be thinking of things
like traceroute, mtr, tcpdump, wireshark, etc..

--

73,
Ged.