[clamav-users] Guide/instructions for installing ClamAV on Solaris 10 x86

Gary R. Schmidt grschmidt at acm.org
Thu Nov 1 02:02:24 UTC 2018

On 01/11/2018 12:37, Givar Go wrote:

> http://rsync.opencsw.org/opencsw/testing/i386/5.10/
>
> Above URL is probably the link with the most packages I could find for
> Solaris.
>
> Q1:
> Is i386 the right platform for x86?  Could find for Sparc & x86 only.
>
> Q2:
> Downloaded from above URL all the dependent & Clam packages.
> However, our beginner UNIX admin requires an installation guide
> specifically for Solaris.
> Anyone has a copy to share?
> What I've got is for Linux which deals mostly with  .tar.gz but the
> packages from above are .pkg.gz.
>
> Q3:
> For 2 of the packages, above URL only has it for SunOS 5.8 & 5.9:
>    common     : only for SunOS5.8
>    libbz2_1_0 : only for SunOS5.9
> Without building one, does Oracle or any site has a 'ready-to-use' for
> SunOS5.10 for above 2 packages?

You use the "pkgutil" program, from the OpenCSW page:
<https://www.opencsw.org/manual/for-administrators/getting-started.html>
to install stuff, it takes care of all the dependencies.

That said, OpenCSW is a bit behind the times, it's easier to compile and
install your own version for Solaris, here's the script I use to fix
things and build on Solaris:
=============================Cut=Here====================================
#! /bin/bash
#
# Fix configure files.
echo edit ... find . -name configure replace BDRT with BCDRT

for i in `find . -name configure`
do
         sed 's/BDRT/BCDRT/' $i > /tmp/configure.$$
         mv /tmp/configure.$$ $i
done

echo edit ...libclamav.map remove cli_strndup
for i in `find . -name libclamav.map`
do
         sed '/cli_strndup/d' $i > /tmp/map.$$
         mv /tmp/map.$$ $i
done

env CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash \
         /bin/bash ./configure \
         CC=cc \
         CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash \
         --disable-ipv6 \
         --prefix=/opt/local
exit $?

Of course, this assumes that you have installed Developer Studio to get
a Compiler, get it here:
<https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/developerstudio/downloads/index.html>

Hope this helps - but you should send your beginner on a training course
or twenty, it sounds like they really don't have a clue.

	Cheers,
		Gary	B-)