[clamav-users] About clamav's requirements for system resources

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sat Nov 3 16:23:28 UTC 2018

On 02.11.18 15:43, Kris Deugau wrote:
>I wouldn't run ClamAV with stock signatures on anything less than 1G,
>and I wouldn't run much else on that machine.  If you're running a
>very light workload with a dedicated machine, you might get away with
>512M.

I run clamav with 3rd party signatures from Debian package
clamav-unofficial-sigs everywhere.  In this case, clamav eats nearly 1G of
RAM.

I can't tell you how much of it eats clamav without those signatures, but I
wouldn't run clamav on machines with less than 1GB either.

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.