[clamav-users] Question about sending sample process

Arnaud Jacques webmaster at securiteinfo.com
Tue Nov 6 10:00:51 UTC 2018

Hello Luca,

If I remember well, clamsubmit only works since versions 0.100.x of
ClamAV. It seems you are still using version 0.99.4.

> Question 1 - Is this process correct to send samples?

Yes it it.

> Question 2 - How much time is required to validate a sample and get
> the A/V db updated? Days? Months?

Depending of many things on ClamAV team side, it can take just a few
hours, or days, or ... never.

> - Actually a scan of all the stuff retrieved from that website have
> this results while I expect to have a 100%

If you expect 100% detection, please use at least the last version of
ClamAV.
And some 3rd party signatures can help to get full detection :
https://sanesecurity.com
http://ow.ly/LqfdL

--
Cordialement / Best regards,

Arnaud Jacques
Gérant de SecuriteInfo.com

Téléphone : +33-(0)3.44.39.76.46
E-mail : aj at securiteinfo.com
Site web : https://www.securiteinfo.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/SecuriteInfocom/132872523492286
Twitter : @SecuriteInfoCom

Securiteinfo.com
La Sécurité Informatique - La Sécurité des Informations.
266, rue de Villers
60123 Bonneuil en Valois