[clamav-users] Clam user has read permissions, but I still get "lstat() failed: Permission denied"

Doug Ingham dougti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 22:55:45 UTC 2018

 Sorry, for the delay in replying, and many thanks to those who did.

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 19:08, Scott Kitterman <debian at kitterman.com> wrote:

> Did you explicitly remove Apparmor?  It's shipped by default in Ubuntu and
> the
> Ubuntu clamav has an Apparmor profile included.

That was exactly it! I was unaware of Apparmor now coming enabled by
default. It's the first time it's ever caused me any issues.

For anyone looking for a fix in the future, do the following:
1. Uncomment the local config include at the bottom of
"/etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.clamd"
2. Add the system paths clamd should have access to in
"/etc/apparmor.d/local/usr.sbin.clamd"
3. Reload the apparmor service

Many thanks for your help all!
--