[clamav-users] freshclam. Service exited with abnormal code: 1

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Wed Nov 7 21:34:07 UTC 2018

The change to actually pass through the FC_UPTODATE status code to as the exit code is something that kinda snuck in with a change to provide the details to libfreshclam users.

Another user brought this to my attention a couple months ago and we modified the code to revert the behavior for ClamAV 0.101. For those playing with the 0.101 beta, you should notice that the freshclam exit code is 0 for both SUCCESS and UPTODATE scenarios. https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/commit/d0b738a873cf136f6b012cce04b81ff3afa05df1

Sorry about the confusion.

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos