[clamav-users] ClamAV mirrors have gotten worse!

Gary R. Schmidt grschmidt at acm.org
Fri Nov 23 12:00:20 UTC 2018

On 23/11/2018 22:45, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 23 November 2018 03:43:40 Dennis Peterson wrote:
>
>> On 11/22/18 8:51 PM, Paul Kosinski wrote:
>>> I wonder how many users of ClamAV actually log their freshclam
>>> updates. Those who don't likely won't notice freshclam temporary
>>> failures due to an out-of-sync condition.
>>
>> I just checked logs on two systems dating from July 1 and see no
>> failures. I isolated the signature serial numbers and time tags and
>> all were received with clock like precision. Freshclam is launched
>> every three hours from cron.d and incorporates a randomizer to create
>> a delay to help avoid pileups on common cardinal clock positions. No
>> serial numbers were missed within the time slot.
>>
>> dp
>
> I did keep a tail on mine, but it Just Works(TM)  That is what its
> supposed to do I believe. :)

As does mine, as it has since I don't know when, and my freshclam.conf
has logging turned on.

It *didn't* work during the switch over to Cloudflare, but has been fine
since that stabilised, but when it wasn't working I had a cron job that
deleted "mirrors.dat" every hour, which reduced the failure rate.

But the OP has refused to consider trying that.

	Cheers,
		Gary	B-)