[clamav-users] ClamAV® blog: The ClamAV 0.101.0 release candidate is here!

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Fri Nov 23 14:57:00 UTC 2018

Hi Dennis,

Nope.  We haven't made any changes to the clamd socket API.

-Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

On Nov 22, 2018, at 6:11 PM, Dennis Peterson <dennispe at inetnw.com<mailto:dennispe at inetnw.com>> wrote:

Does this change how socket-connected clients (milters, for example) communicate?

On 11/19/18 11:40 AM, Joel Esler (jesler) wrote:
  *   Changes to the libclamav API:

  *   Those who build applications around our shared library will need to change how they declare and pass scanning options to libclamav. Please take a look at the change to our example code for details.
  *   Scanning functions now have a filename argument. The argument is optional, but improves the efficiency when parsing certain types that require a file on disk to open and read, and will allow for additional improvements in the future.
  *   Many of the scanning option #defines have changed. These can be found in our clamav.h header.
  *   The libclamav version number has changed.

  *   Some of the clamd config and clamscan command line option names have changed. The original versions will still work for a time, but eventually they will be deprecated. These options in question are detailed in the NEWS document.