[clamav-users] Strange behaviors about syslog on Debian

Yasuhiro KIMURA yasu at utahime.org
Sat Nov 24 09:55:05 UTC 2018

From: Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu at utahime.org>
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] Strange behaviors about syslog on Debian
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 02:31:55 +0900 (JST)

> And next I'll setup 7.x and test on it. But I'm away this weekend. So
> I'll do it and report result next week.

Sorry for delay. Hardware trouble happened on my test enviroment and I
couldn't use it until today.

But before it is repaired I got answer about one of my questions.
While I was reading documantation I found there is LogTime directive
for configuration file of both clamd and freshclam. And they were set
to false on CentOS 6 and FreeBSD but true on Debian. So I changed the
value to false on Debian and then timestamp was disappeared from
message. That is, behavior of ClamAV is just as is expected about
timestamp issue.

And I'm going to setup CentOS 7.x from now and will check how it
behaves about syslog issue.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA