[clamav-users] Strange behaviors about syslog on Debian

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Nov 27 14:03:14 UTC 2018

On 25.11.18 01:31, Yasuhiro KIMURA wrote:
>Though I use Debian 9 (x86_64) with systemd, there is
>/etc/init.d/clamav-daemon in my system. And there is also following
>symbolic links.

init.d is fine. I was more thinking about "/etc/init/" or other systemd
configuration files. They might execute daeons set up to log to stdout and
systemd would log their output to syslog (or, syslog could pull those logs
from systemd).

as I said, on debian 9 with sysvinit (and syslog-ng) I have no problem like you.
can you check which files are open by clamd and syslog processes?
maybe something similar happens.