[clamav-users] Freshclam seems locked and can not be unlocked.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sun Aug 4 10:14:30 EDT 2019

On 04.08.19 21:53, Jari Kosonen via clamav-users wrote:
>That looks almost like something wrong (that no newer release available)...

There is no point of havine newest version of any software available.
Especielly not in version 18.04 LTS which is expected to have five-years
support (you can pay for additional 3 years).

There could be new version made available, if there's real need for it
(functionality needed for catching new viruses).

>On Sun, Aug 4, 2019 at 6:57 PM Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar at fantomas.sk>
>wrote:
>
>> On 04.08.19 18:14, Jari Kosonen via clamav-users wrote:
>> >jari at jari-PC:~$ sudo apt-get install clamav
>> >Reading package lists... Done
>> >Building dependency tree
>> >Reading state information... Done
>> >clamav is already the newest version (0.100.3+dfsg-0ubuntu0.18.04.1).
>> >0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
>>
>> https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=clamav
>>
>> seems that newer clamav versions are not available for ubuntu 18.04.

We are but packets in the Internet of life (userfriendly.org)