[clamav-users] Can't download definitions

Dora Smith villandra at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 17:47:20 EDT 2019

I went through your whole
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong

installation procedure to get the up to date version of clamav, and
can't download the definitions.

It seems to download most of them but can't download one, and it tries
three times, and then it fails

So it downloaded main.cvd, daily.cvd, safebrowsing.cvd, and
bytecode.cvd, but can't download database1.cvd or something, and there
might be a problem with teh mirrors in my conf file, which didn't
contain any mirrors and I didn't mess with them if they're there and I
didn't see them.

At one point it said it couldn't PING clamav.net, and when I tried I
pinged clamav.net without any trouble.

And when I get my definititions, I need to run clamav now and not when
it feels like it - how do I exactly do that?   The GUI for the out of
date version would only let me set up a time to run it.

Yours,

Dora Smith