[clamav-users] Disable official database

G.W. Haywood clamav at jubileegroup.co.uk
Sat Aug 24 11:53:15 EDT 2019

Hi there,

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019, Joel Esler (jesler) wrote:

> I mean, it's possible not to download the official definitions and
> just point at a custom file right?

No idea.  Haven't tried it.  If you can, it seems like it would be a
security hole.  The code seems to be saying that it wants to load the
daily.c[lv]d file before anything else; the name is hard-coded into
the file I mentioned; and those files are signed.  Given that there's
already been some discussion along these lines (e.g. see the link in
my last post) I'd be surprised if nobody else has tried it, but I've
been surprised before. :)

--

73,
Ged.