[clamav-users] Disable official database

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Mon Aug 26 10:54:00 EDT 2019

Joel Esler (jesler) via clamav-users wrote:
> I mean, it's possible not to download the official definitions and just point at a custom file right?

*nod*  This works fine.  I have a secondary Clam instance set up to use
only a selection of third-party signatures that I do not absolutely
trust as hard black/white tests, which is called from SpamAssassin and
scored based on the resulting signature names.

clamd will use whatever database files are in its database directory.
It does NOT use anything in any subdirectories.

clamscan will use those, or:

1) whatever database files are in the directory you specify with the -d
argument, or

2) whatever single database file you specify with the -d argument

The only constant is that there must be at least one signature database,
even if it's a trivial hash database with one signature that matches on
an empty file.

-kgd