[clamav-users] freshclam incremental update

G.W. Haywood clamav at jubileegroup.co.uk
Sat Aug 31 14:34:02 EDT 2019

Hi there,

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019, Birger Birger via clamav-users wrote:

> have tried that but download of daily.cvd with freshclam still stops at 99%
> and never completes
>
> downloading daily and icremental with wget works fine

If others don't have the same issue, and you can download the files OK
with wget, then it seems to point towards something in your system.

In the last few days I've seen freshclam remove a few broken
mirrors.dat files:

mail6:~$ >>> grep broken /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
Wed Aug 21 19:02:10 2019 -> WARNING: Removing broken mirrors.dat file.
Fri Aug 23 16:18:59 2019 -> WARNING: Removing broken mirrors.dat file.
Fri Aug 23 16:28:38 2019 -> WARNING: Removing broken mirrors.dat file.

Maybe try removing the file manually?  I've no idea if it will help,
and I've never seen here anything like the issue you're seeing there.

--

73,
Ged.