[clamav-users] Frequency of ClamAV Scan

J.R. themadbeaker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 15:07:13 EST 2019

I just have my ClamAV scan email. I don't think the default signatures
would pick up much else on a linux OS (I could be wrong though).

There are 3rd party signatures you can implement that can look for
linux malware. I do a nightly scan on my server that include those.

Depending on what the machine is used for, I think there is even the
ability to do on-demand scanning when any file is accessed or created
or whatnot...

It's not going to hurt anything to run freshclam before running a daily scan.