[clamav-users] Frequency of ClamAV Scan

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Jan 3 03:31:20 EST 2019

On 02.01.19 23:48, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>I am running CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core) with ClamAV installed.
>How frequent ClamAV scan should be run? is it once per day. I am running
>the below command. Do i also need to invoke freshclam before running
>clamscan to update AV Database?
>
>#freshclam
>#clamscan --infected --recursive /
>
>Please suggest.

I would only scan directories where it can be useful, e.g. web roots.
scanning daily should be OK.

other possibilities include scanning by FTP server at upload time.

This can be used in addition to daily scanning - daily scanning can find
malware not found at upload time.

I guess most people use clamav to scan e-mail traffic.

Remember half the people you know are below average.