[clamav-users] Fwd: CLAMD CPU usage

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Fri Jan 18 19:34:58 EST 2019

Adam Waller skrev den 2019-01-18 17:32:

> We have clamav installed on all our VMs however ever since doing so
> we've noticed that clamd is consistently using up to 100% of a CPU
> core.

upgrade cpu :-)

> Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice on how to improve this.

it could be solved if clamav can save main.cvd into main.cld
(uncompressed signed database) this will save or reduce cpu load on
reload sigs, to make things worse clamav keeps old database loaded while
reloading new databases, if all databases is compressed it takes more
cpu time, its btw not a bug

i kindly ask developers to make sigtool save uncompressed data files, to
help reduce cpu time on reloads