[clamav-users] Input Stream Scanning for very large files

Kushal Kumar kkushal05 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 07:21:49 EST 2019

Hi,

We have a production use case where we have to scan very large files of size 10 GB - 200 GB. So while the files are uploading in chunks, we want to scan these chunks by passing this as an input stream to clam av.Since, clam av supports input stream scanning, we need to know if this is achievable or not using clam av ?
Also, if the virus signature is spread across two chunks and clam av does not detect them on individual chunk scanning, but when these chunks assemble on filesystem the infected signature can get active.  Does clamav has any support to handle such scenarios ?
Best,Kushal KumarVerizon, India
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android