[clamav-users] custom signature error

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Wed Jan 30 11:59:21 EST 2019

J.R. is correct about the `--database=FILE/DIR` or  `-d FILE/DIR` option being for clamscan.  The for clamd, you'll have to place it in your database directory.

Our documentation on Github is moving from the clamav-devel repo over to our https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-faq repository so it can be rendered on clamav.net<http://clamav.net>.
If you feel like there are mistakes or deficiencies in the documentation, we're very responsive to pull requests on https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-faq.  Please note that links between pages must use absolute links to the clamav.net<http://clamav.net> URLs for now, as the markdown rendering code in our website currently doesn't handle nested directories very well.

Here's the link for our signature writing docs on clamav.net<http://clamav.net>:
https://www.clamav.net/documents/creating-signatures-for-clamav

This page also has a few helpful tips:
https://www.clamav.net/documents/signature-testing-and-management