[clamav-users] Qnap

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Jan 30 12:38:28 EST 2019

On 30.01.19 11:46, Joel Esler (jesler) wrote:
>I’ve suddenly started receive a lot of emails from Qnap users saying they can’t update ClamAV anymore.  Anyone have a Qnap system that is technically inclined that can help me troubleshoot?

seems they have fscked up their new firmware version:

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=146352&hilit=clamav

Since recent firmware updates, the ClamAV Antivirus fails to update due to 700+ clamav.net entries in /etc/hosts, all set to 0.0.0.0 e.g.

0.0.0.0 bugs.clamav.net
0.0.0.0 current.cvd.clamav.net
0.0.0.0 database.clamav.net
0.0.0.0 db.local.clamav.net