[clamav-users] Difference between datadir and datarootdir

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Mon Mar 4 21:28:11 EST 2019

Hi

Been compiling clamav for a while ... I always set the "DatabaseDirectory" in clamd.conf, but

./configure --help states:

  --datarootdir=DIR       read-only arch.-independent data root [PREFIX/share]
  --datadir=DIR           read-only architecture-independent data [DATAROOTDIR]

This is really confusing as datadir points DATAROOTDIR.

Can I make them the same?

Anybody has some insides into this?
Please!

Jobst